Help us share this message with your 30 second film!
Grab your camera or smartphone and create a memorable video about
how a simple text can save the life of those who are hurting or in need.
First Prize: Film aired on TV as a PSA (subject to station approval), $500, and Behind the scenes tour of WPTV Channel 5!
Second Place: $300 + Prizes
Third Place: $100 + Prizes
• Filmmaker must be between the ages of 12-18
• Resident of Palm Beach County
• Cannot be related to a member of the Judging Panel
• No Nudity
• No Profanity
• No depictions of visually disturbing violence
• No depictions of drug use
• Must feature the act of texting or use of a cell phone
• Must verbally mention TXT211
• Must Insert provided still image in last two seconds of video
• Maximum 30 second total run time
• Upload to film contest website by Friday March 30, 2018 at 12 midnight
Please follow the below steps in submiting your video
1. Visit the contest website www.211palmbeach.org/txt211
2. Download the Submission Guide PDF for all details and rules of the contest.
3. Download the TXT211 Still Image for use in your film.
4. Create your film.
5. Fill out the Registration Form. Make sure you (if you are over 18), or your parent or legal guardian (if you are under 18) check the box to agree to the Consent & Release as displayed on the contest website. Then submit the Registration Form.
6. Click on the button to visit the contest website on filmfreeway.com to upload your film.
7. Finalists should be announced between April 6th and April 30th.
8. If you are declared a Finalist, you (if you are over 18), or a parent/guardian (if you are under 18), will be required to physically sign the previously agreed to Consent & Release in order to advance to the next round or to be declared a winner.
You must have completed a Registration Form and completed your film upload via filmfreeway.com (steps 5 & 6) to officially have a completed entry into the contest. Failure to complete both of these steps will create an incomplete entry, which will be ineligible to be considered as part of the contest.
The primary objective of the films should be to clearly and creatively communicate that an individual that is depressed, hurting or considering suicide can text 211 at txt211 (898211) to reach someone who cares. Judging for the TXT211 For Suicide Prevention Student Film Contest consists of three rounds of judging as detailed below.
Only Finalists and Winners will be notified of results via phone call or email between April 6th and April 30th 2018. If you are not notified by April 30th we wish to thank you for your participation.
In order to officially enter the contest a participant must agree to the below consent and release by completing the Registration Form on the website. As well the below consent and release must be signed in writing by all Finalists (or their parent/guardian) prior to being declared a Winner.
CONSENT & RELEASE
I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood, and agree to comply with all terms, conditions, rules, and regulations associated with the TXT211 for Suicide Prevention Student Film Contest (“Contest”) as included in this Consent and Release Form (“Form”) and posted on the Contest website. I understand and acknowledge that a submitted film may be disqualified for any reason, including without limitation, any violation of the Contest’s terms, conditions, rules and regulations, failure to provide accurate contact information, and failure to responded timely to outreach by Contest officials.
I represent and warrant that: (1) the applicant is a resident of Palm Beach County between the ages of twelve and eighteen years old; (2) the applicant is not an employee or relative of a judge listed on the Contest website; (3) the submitted film does not include nudity, profanity, or depictions of visually disturbing violence; (4) the submitted film is an original work of art that features texting and/or a cell phone and verbally mentions TXT211; (5) the submitted film’s total run time is no longer than 30 seconds; (6) consent has been obtained from any and all creators, writers, producers, owners and/or other film representatives, or their parents/legal guardians if under eighteen years of age, whose consent is required to submit the film; (7) authorization and permission has been obtained from any and all copyright and trademark owner(s) of any and all copyrighted or trademarked content or materials included within the submitted film; and (8) I have evaluated the film for any potential issues, including, without limitation, issues of libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of rights of publicity, theft of trade secrets, breach of confidence, breach of confidential relationship, and breach of express or implied contract.
I hereby release, discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless 211 PALM BEACH/TREASURE COAST, INC., LEADERSHIP PALM BEACH COUNTY, INC., and their officers, agents, representatives, employees, volunteers, board members and affiliates, from any and all claims and liability relating to the existence, use or broadcasting of the submitted film, including without limitation, claims, demands, and causes of action based upon theories of copyright infringement, trademark infringement, libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of rights of publicity, theft of trade secrets, breach of confidence, breach of confidential relationship, and breach of express or implied contract.
All submitted films become the sole property of 211 PALM BEACH/TREASURE COAST, INC. Without restriction and without payment, I hereby grant 211 PALM BEACH/TREASURE COAST, INC. the right to use the applicant’s name, grade, school name, likeness, and submitted film for any lawful purpose, including without limitation, the right to exhibit, distribute, televise, publish, transmit, adapt, enhance, modify, and broadcast same for promotional purposes. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product of the submitted film or the copy that may be used in connection therewith.